January 17, 2007

A poll

At the suggestion of Amy Campsall here are a few question.

1 When is the appropriate time to write on a blog?
2 how much time should we spend keeping our blogs updated.? ( Some days I spend too much time!!)
3 Is it a waist of time or an effective use of time?

4 is it wrong to be looking through other peoples blogs or writing on your own blog while your kids are running wild, or needing your attention as you desperately try to ignore them?

5 who blogs more- Ladies or Men? Mom's or single Gals., Dad 's or single guys.? Just curious.

and since my kids are running hay wire waiting for Mommy to read them bible story and get them to bed.. I had better go. good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Sarah, I think blogging might be one of those thngs that needs to be in control of the user and the Christian user should be under the control of the Lord. Just like a lot of other things it is possible to get carried away with the time spent at blogging. Practaclly speaking I am sure you are enjoying this form of communicaation with family and friends in distant places - I think it has some aerrit. As for reading other peoples blogs - they publishied it so why not read it. If they want to commuicate something private they shouldn't publish it. I love keeping track of the nieces and nephews in both generations via this tool. Look at all the postage stamps you save and this way you only have to write it once. Love, A. Jean n Wpg.

David and Amy Campsall said...

Well, seeing as i suggested such a thing... hehe here comes my answers..
1.I generally write in the morning before the kids get up, at their nap time, or in the evening when they are in bed. That solves the wild child syndrom:)
2.Enough time to let people know how we are and keep in touch but not every detail of life needs to be journaled...
3. I say it's effective for me as we live so far away from all family and most friends that like A. Jean said you only have to write it once and everyone gets it.
4.As for doing such when kids are around. I've done both. Look when the kids are around and when they are sleeping. I find they are better behaved and I enjoy reading more when i find the time when they are occupied in dream land!
5. I would venture women blog more.. but that's as far as i'll venture:)
Ok there's my blurb....
(by the way.. my kids are napping just now, the dishes laundry cleanup and cookies are baked..so I'M BLOGGING!!!:) hehehe) thanks Sarah
Love Amy

Dennis and Valerie said...

Here's my take:
1. When is the appropriate time to blog?
-Like Amy, I try to blog when my kids are sleeping. But I also have a time each morning when I'm online, even when my kids are awake. I think it is important for my kids to learn to play independently so I try to stay out of their hair for awhile each morning. I find this really rewarding in that they (Lael especially) are able to play without a constant nudge or ideas from me.

2. How much time should be spent?
-I think the time should be spent according to the value of the activity. Like you, I have family far away who I imagine like to hear updates periodically. So I think that has value which translates into time spent blogging.

3. Is it a waste of time or an effective use of time? I think I answered that in #2. Just like anything in life, it has to be in balance.

4. Is it wrong to be blogging or looking at other's blogs while your kids run around wild?
-Wild? :) I think if they are happily occupied it is ok, but if there is mothering to be done, then let the blogging rest and come back at a better time. :)

5. Who blogs more- ladies or men? Single or married?
-I think that the majority of bloggers are married women or single, college age guys. At least that is what I have run across.