Sunday Jan 14.
Well the kids are all still sick so I am home with them today. It is still snowing and we are supposed to get several more inches. I guess south of here they had freezing rain so I am grateful we didn't get that. It looks beautiful out there but it is too cold for the kids to play in it today. The cold air sends them into fits of coughing and they do enough of that already !!!.
Please leave a comment anyone that reads our blog. I am curious to know who reads it and love hearing from people esp. people that I haven't heard from in ages.!!! I just got an email from an old RVA friend who is putting together a updated email list of our class. It will be great to find out what everyone is doing.!! A lot can happen in 11 years. ( like being married and having 5 kids :) ). Thank you to all who take the time to read our blog. I don't have a tonne of time to update it but will try and keep it up for the sake of my folks in Zambia and other family members and friends who might take an interest in the happenings of the Matthew Van Essen family. Soo ....if some to the posts are a bit Grandparent oriented you will understand why. ( They are for you Mother and Daddy. :)
Well hope all have a wonderful week. Matt and I will be celebrating 6 years of marriage this coming Sat. Time goes by so fast. We thank the Lord for all his many blessings he has given us these past 6 years. Most of all we thank Him for the grace for each day and His mercy towards us who are not so faithful servants many times. His mercy is new every morning- for this I am very grateful. We serve a forgiving God who gives strength to His own for each day. I am learning slowly that I HAVE to depend on HIS strength and not my own in order to glorify Him. ON my own I fail- get angry , frustrated and impatient. The sin nature sure is strong at times. I guess it is a case of what ever nature is being fed more that is what will show through in our lives. Sometimes the commentary my life takes is not one I am proud of. THAT is why i am thank full for forgiving GOD.
Thank you to all who are will to listen to the ramblings of foreigner in a foreign land. ( in more ways than one .)
January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hi Sarah, I'm here! I'll update the link on my blog too, if that's ok.
I sure agree with you about God's faithfulness to us and our own waywardness! He is so gracious to keep working in us to sanctify us. Boy do I need it!
Love, Valerie
You know we're here, Sarah. We're not long lost friends for other lands, but we still read! :)
Well I really hope that you have a great anniversary!!
Hey Sarah,
Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful iron day. Maybe Matt will buy you a beautiful iron shovle.
Just in case you don't see my comment on the other post I am saying I am keeping up with you folks. A.Jean in Wpg. (do you have another Aunt Jean?)
Even though I'm not a long lost friend (although, for only living 10 minutes apart, it's pathetic how often we see each other! HARDLY EVER!! :( ), do I still qualify to let you know that I check your blog too? I always enjoy your writings and pics. And I marvel that you can keep up on this site considering you have 5 other "little" people to keep up on. You do a great job Sarah!
TTYL.
Thank you to everyone who has left comments on here for me. It makes writing a blog a lot more enticing when I know people are reading it.:) Is that a bad seflish attitude or what? Aw well it is the Truth.
anyway thanks everyone- Aunt Jean I don't have any other Aunt Jeans so I know who you are. Thanks.
Hey Courtney, I agree, 10 min away is VERY far when we never get together. Maybe we are LONG LOST friends:) lost for the last few months anyway. We need to " FIND" each other :) :) :)
RE me haveing time to keep this up- it means other things are NOT being kept up like dishes and laundry. A blog is a productive form of procrastination in my opinion. AN escape from the real world or somthing like that. :)
Yes blogging takes up a bit of time... We should take a poll as to when the best time to blog is.. or when people poke it into their schedule.. say like.. where does Rachel get the time!!?? She sounds almost busier than a full time mom!! hehe God Bless
Post a Comment