May 19, 2008

My school photo... from 5th grade.



I found this among some photo's my Mother had. Those were the days.... seems so long ago and yet in other ways it doesn't. I still sometimes wonder how I can be a Mom of 6 kids, have been married for 7 1/2 years. I still feel very young and in some ways like a kid still, and wonder " how did I ever get here, and is this really all real.?" Does any body else ever have that feeling ?

BUT I am glad I am past the teenage years and the uncertainties of growing up... boy were those days hard at times. I am glad I am on this side of marriage as well :) I would not want to go through the growing up again... it is too hard, even though it was fun at times too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have that feeling. I don't have a picture of me in the 5th grade, but I remember riding the bus from our neighborhood to downtown Des Moines after school. I was 11 years old (5th grade) and I would go shopping at the big department stores, and more likely the dime stores and spend babysitting money. I remember getting my picture taken for a quarter in a small booth. I didn't know where I was supposed to look, so I looked up at the light. Really dumb picture. Now I can hardly realize that 60 years have come, a very delightful marriage and now children married and 12 grandchildren. God is so good a faithful. Sometimes, I feel like a 20 something age in a fairly old body. I have the words of older sisters in the Lord who would say, enjoy your years with your children, they'll soon be grown. How true. Have a good day. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture Sarah! You still look just like that. I can't believe my baby Bailey is about to go into the 5th grade?!?!?!? Whoa.