April 3, 2008

Dad Van Essen


Dear Readers,
Please be in prayer for the Van Essen family. Dad Van Essen has now gone onto Hospice care and the time for his home going is not that far off. Even though we have all known it would come soon, some how it doesn't seem real that Dad will soon be home with his loving Father, away from his pain and weariness. Please pray esp for Mom. No matter how much one knows something will becoming soon, when it finial does come it is still very hard. While it will be a great release for Dad and none of us would wish that away from him, it is going to be very hard for those left behind.

We love you Mom and Dad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt and Sarah--

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. We pray that God will strengthen you and give you peace in the days ahead.

We love you,

Beth and the boys

Anonymous said...

This photo, which is so lovely, and the one taken in the Maternity hospital so recently,will be wonderful to look back on in coming days.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all - thinking of the little ones too - who seem to have quite a bit of exposure - to both ends of the spectrum of life in this world. Thankfully, we have a hope beyond this one. May that truth be of great comfort in the coming days as you walk the valley together. ....AND. I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Loving thoughts and prayers with you and especially with Matt's mum at this difficult time.
love - mother xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

It's a little past 5:30, Fri.am. Thank you so much Sarah, for this blog. God has blessed me so much in having you here. I love you so much, as I do all our children and their spouses. I truly feel the Lord's nearness and guidance throughout this time. Yes, we've had a long time to think about what it would be like, but as Dad nears his end, it is only tears of JOY for him. The Lord is giving me joy mingled with the sorrow, Hope you've had a good night. I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. I love you so much. Mom

Rotters said...

Praying for you during this difficult time. I know how you feel being the daughter in law, it' s difficult to know what to say and how to say it. Mark's mom passed away at the end of last year and I also found that the best way to express myself was through our blog. At least you have the joy of knowing you will meet again, what a blessing.
lots of love Didi