September 21, 2007

Another change

OK... so I changed this blog back to an open blog... mainly because it is too hard to invite everyone to view it. I changed the name on it a bit to help... well to help what... I am not sure but any way.

School.. well it keeps me busy. We are all enjoying it still. David and Lily find it a bit hard I think as they don't get as much attention as the older two in the mornings. I am working on that one. David likes to do school because he likes to be like his brothers. BUT to him school should consist of paper and scissors and glue !! and not much else. I have stuff for him to do to help keep him busy but usually he ends up being sent up stairs to the play room or out side to play. I do have him sit in on some of Timmy's school as I figure he can pick some of that up.

Caleb and Timmy are doing well. Caleb has started reading and is good at it.. as long as he reads the words that are there and doesn't try to guess what a word is. Timothy is learning to write some of he letters. Only his favorite thing to say " I can't" I am trying to teach him to say " I will try". The fact is he is a very capable kid and CAN do it.. if it tries and doesn't get all flustered. He is always very excited when he does get it and I try and Over do the praise a bit on them for that reason ( to encourage them both to keep trying.. yes Caleb can use the praise as well)

linia... well she has been sick with a cold , as has Lily, my self and David. Thankfully we are on the improvement I think. ( hope). I have had enough sleepless nights for a while.

Linia is crawling everywhere, into everything, is my vacumme and dustpan ( she ate up all the food from my kitchen dust pile the other day before I had a chance to pick it up ...YUCK!!) Yes I know mother.. not as bad as what I ate as a 2 year old :)

Lily.. well she is also very busy, loves to fiddle with every thing. loves to pretend to be doing things.likes knives :((((( . In general lives life to the fullest, but is also a bit of a clown and has a good imagination.

Daddy- ( Matt) is busy busy with work and comes home very tired most nights. He has had a few rain days so that means he is home during that time which is nice.. but also means he has to work extra hard the rest of the week to make up time. BUT the extra work means he can have the Sat off which is worth it. !! He still has a heart to be doing more with the Assembly here and more with out reach in to Lincoln. But we both find we are running a rat race as it is and are not sure how to change things. So if you could be praying for wisdom we would appreciate it.

Mommy ( Sarah ( ME ) ). Well I am now a full fledged home school mom. the Mother of 5 and nearly six. I feel like I have a lot more on my plate but am able to keep up with the basics a bit better- thanks to disposable dishes. ( we still have a full dishwasher at least every 2 days.) I am praying for wisdom to know how to be more organized. How to know how to prioritise and to make wise decisions about my time. I have been able to keep up with the laundry washing, and even some folding and putting away. It feels good to be able to do it " On my own ". Yes the Independence and pride is not always good.. but it does feel good !!! none the less.

Also I have decided I have had enough of junck everywhere. It looks messy, drives me crazy and everybody else too. A messy house makes for a stressful house which doesn't help with a stressfull life... sooo... I have decided to attack on small thing each day. Nothing big just one little thing that will improve how things look. believe it or not I am a perfectionist by nature so I don't like to do things unless I can get them done to perfection. Well if I attack a small thing I can get it done in a little bit of time and not get interupted part way through. Things are slowly looking better around here. There is still a long way to go but I am greatful for the grace and strenght to get "the next thing" done.

I feel like my energy is doing a bit better.. maybe it is because I am in my second trimester , or because of taking my prenatals faithfully , or maybe it is because Ihave become addicted to Ice Tea. :) What ever the reason.. I am grateful

I also find my patience level is doing better... I still need a lot of work in this area as well though.. but "little by little every day , little by little in every way, my Jesus is changeing me." ( ok sorry if you don't know that song, my family knows it.)

Ok so I have just spent a whole bunch of time on here... it is after 3 pm and I have to run. Sorry no pictures. the Camera is in the Diaper Bag and I am not sure where that is !!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Good to see you on the blog again. Count the time spent writing it as therapy for your mind. I enjoy reading about the family and all the activities.

Love, A. jean

Pat VE said...

I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Yay, I can read your blog again! Thanks. Joanna

Anonymous said...

Tell Matt he is reaching into Lincoln every single day to five precious little souls who live with him! :) The most precious ministry - after his wife - that he'll every have. It pleases the Lord very much.

I agree wholeheartedly about wanting to get a job done. I am not a perfectionist, but I am a "project person." I like to tackle something and get it done. I am glad you're all enjoying school! We don't enjoy every second of the work, but we really enjoy the fruits of close relationships! :)

Dennis and Valerie said...

Thanks for the update, Sarah. It sounds like the boys are really progressing- that is great! I must say that I am so glad you and Des are going down this road ahead of me. I think I can learn a lot from you. I'm sure there are people you look to as examples as well! It is wonderful how God has designed us to help one another and I think that your going down the homeschooling route before me will be a great help! That is so exciting that Caleb is reading now. It seems like he was just scooting around on his knees with that funny walk/crawl just a few days ago. :)

I love you all very much!!!