There were three in the bed and the fourth one said " Let me in Let me in " So they all rolled over and 2 fell out hit the floor and gave a shout " please oh mommy make him let us in ".. but the fourth one said " no oh no.... I am all tucked in. Lily and I are a cuddl'n"..
Any way for those who know that little song, I thought might enjoy the new rendition to it.


12 comments:
I don't know the song, but I can visualize all this going on. Were they trying to act out the song, or did the song just fit? Hope you have a great day. Love, Mom
No they weren't trying to act out the song. I just thought of the song when they were playing. The song actually goes
" There were 3 ( or what ever number you start with)in the bed and little one said ' roll over, roll over', so they all rolled over and one fell out, hit the floor and gave a shout, 'Please remember when I am dead and gone, please remember to tie a knot in your pijamas, single beds are only ment for , one ,two in the bed adn the little one said " roll over.....etc. anyway a bit morbid but that was a sakeji silly song we sung.
so ther is the story behind the picture.
Rich and I are having that problem now-apparently I kick really hard in my sleep :( We'll need a new bed soon for sure!
Thanks for letting me know about the comments on our blog. I've changed the settings so anyone can post now!
It sure looks like very little sleep would be acomplished with three or more in that bed. lI thinkd our kids had a smilar song or saying and used the word monkeys instead of kids. I have no recall of a tune at this moment.
Probably something annoying like 100 bottles of "coke" on the wall - an old faithful rag to sing on the bus. U. Helmut really didn't like that one much on field trips.
Oh, I see there are some more pix that I haven't looked at.
Must continue on with the reading.
Love, A. Jean
For those who are interested- you should look at Richard and Katherine's blog. The top of their blog has a new feature. Check it out. ( also you can post comments on their blog now :) )
Yeah, that song can be quite morbid - but the sing-songy tune is so catchy!
You have cute kids Sarah :-) We'll have to bring John over to visit Linia.
Thanks Cam. Your little guy is rather cute as well. :) Yes definently need to get Linia and John together for a visit. She needs some good Canadian friends !! All we have down here is good old American midwest folks- I am not complaining - BUT some good Canadian influence wouldn't be unwelcome :-)
not to mention some good African roots as well :)
It is kind of funny because I am sure Matt's sister Val ( who is in Ontario now, married to a Canadian) wishes she had more midwest , good old American conections for her girls. So there you go.
Those pictures are so cute! We used to sing the song, "There were 3 (or whatever) in the bed and the little one said, roll over, roll over. So they all rolled over and one fell out." Repeat until the end. Not quite as morbid. :) Maybe I should teach it to you so your kids can have a more "uplifting" 3 In The Bed song. :)
I'm from Wisconsin -- only 5 hours from Canada. I wish that counted enough for Canadian influence on your kids. :) But, I do know what you mean.
*Sigh*- Yes, I sure do wish for some good old midwestern influence... Lael is saying "sorry" like "sore-y" already and it makes me feel like weeping....
Wisconsin- Canada nearly the same?? ummmmm not quite. BUT your kids would still be good pals for ours if they ever saw each other. Canada and Nebraska might as well be the same distance from each other as 29th and Rst are from Superior st, when you think about how frequently we see each other. OK so us Moms need to get our act together for the sake of the kids social live ??? or may for our sakes :)
Val the only thing worse than hearing your child speak in foriegn acent is hearing yourself speak that way. Like my saying "Ruff" instead of "Rooooof". It is terrible how I can go from the suffisticated Canadian, British, NewZealand , Zambian accent that I had to a .... woops I had better refrain from saying more lest I offend some sensitive parties.:) You get my point I am sure. Just think Dennis can still tease me for saying " I ate ALl the Bag of SPits". I haven't completely lost that yet :)
I guess some of us never drop the 'native" accent for the one in the adopted country. My kids are frequently giving me a hard time on that ruff vs. rooof word. According to them I still sound like a midwesterner. Then throw in a little German accent - ha, I don't know how the three Canadian born Zimmermanns ever learned proper Canadian English.
I see there is no word from the deep south on this subject.
Love, Aunt Jean
Post a Comment