September 25, 2008

A much loved Aunt Rachel- and you can see why:)

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

David and Amy Campsall said...

Nice Picture of Rachel and the boys. When was that taken?
Thanks for your comments on my blog about homeschooling. I sure appreciate that. I decided to order the same little series from Rod and Staff that my mom had used for wilfrid and Lily. It's just seven little books with a reader to go along with one of the books. I ordered john a small book and each of them a Psalm 23 colouring book that I hope to use to learn the whole Psalm throughout the school year. This morning we got everything out and just basically put our names on things and taught them how to hold their crayons right and rules about not breaking biting or peeling the paper of them! haha. So anyway some basic stuff. Kinda for my own self to see how they would do at listening to me and such. Chloe is only 3 but will be 4 in november and John is 2 turning 3 in December. So they are young yet but in this year when they don't "have to" be in school i thought we would try this as a trial to see if we do well without the pressure of having to get it all learned. I made a schedule on the computer this morning that looked something like this..
Breakfast, dishes, school, lunch, dishes, nap, supper, dishes, bed.
That's it. Lol. I have a hard time keeping up with dishes and it seems to set me back in motivation everywhere else. So i haven't set too hard a goal to start. I might add other things in there once i establish a habit.. but until i get into the habit of dishes.. the schedule will remain pretty simple:) How do you involve your kids in housework? Ideas are good. Well i'm looking in my address book and I don't have your phone number for your current place i don't think just for when you were in friend.
Mine is 709 258-7326
Give me a quick call sometime and I can get your number and then call you back for a chat:) I hear Nahum waking up better be off:)
Love Amy

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented about this picture before, but I love it. You can tell that the boys love their A. Rachel and it is reciprocated.