June 12, 2007

We are Back

Well we had a wonderful time up in Sioux Falls. It was rather busy and we are very tired now. If you want to see photos of the time please go to Rachel's blog. My camera was not working so I don't have any photos of my own.

Matthew and I were mainly involved in a kids club that ran from 10 30 am to noon. Matt did the lesson for this club each day. We had a lot of kids turn out for it with and average of about 30-40 kids each day. There were several other people there helping each day with songs, prices and attnedance. They were also able to " hang out " with the kids after the clubs and talk to them on an individual basis about the Gospel.

It was very exciting to see the Lord working over the week. There were several people who were saved and about 100 contacts were left for the folks there to follow up on. There was a lot of door to door work and street ministry. People were also talking to any one they met along the way.

It was a real challenge to me to reevaluate how I use my time and also to look at how i evangelize or in my case don't evangelize. If there are that many lost souls wondering around Sioux Falls looking for a real and sure hope .. then there are many here in Lincoln as well. So I am really having to think about how I approach life. I am not in the habit of talking to people about the Gospel. That really needs to change.

If anyone wants a more detailed update of the work. let me know and I can email you the " good news on the move" up date emails that were sent out over the week. I don't want to put them up on the web because of privacy issues.

I hope every one had a wonderful week and will have great week this weeks as well. Let us see how many of us can share the gospel with at least one person this week.
That's a challenge for you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is really sobering about evangelism, since this laying up treasure in heaven, and how much time do I spend in that endeavor? It is time for me to examine myself as well. Mom

Jean said...

Challenging post. I already looked at Rachel's pictures last evening a telephone hint from my Sis. We are on the Good News email list so have also already read the updates. Much to pray for. A. Jean